Monday, March 19, 2018

Now We Wait

So now we wait.

Today is the day my realtor submits the contract back to the Beanie Hat seller requesting a $20,000 reduction to the agreed purchase price.  This, of course, after we learned of the somewhat horrifying and overwhelming repairs that require completion if I were to acquire Beanie Hat.  I mean, just because it’s wearing a cute hat doesn’t make up for the fact that the garage may very well flood during a monsoon.  My Harley can’t have that.

Some friends suggested I write a letter to the seller.  “I see it on TV all the time and it works!”, they say.   Meh.  I dunno.  I mean, asking the seller to come down $20G when she wouldn’t come down another $5,000 during negotiations seems like a stretch.  Even with a letter.  

But, I still wrote it.  I mean, I do like to write so no harm, no foul, right?


Dear Ms. Ihinger, 
This is Lisa Ruggiero, the gal who is in love with your house. I looked at the house early on, though it was a wee bit out of my price range. But, no matter what other houses I saw, I always had yours on my mind and in my heart. I think I looked at it 3 or 4 times before making an offer that I was sure would be dismissed. I was elated when we agreed on a price. It still felt high to me but I knew the location gave the house great value. And, I could already picture myself living in it and calling it home. 
I was devastated when the inspections report didn’t come back so well. I held it together in front of the inspector and my realtor but had a good cry on the way back to my house. You see, I used to live in a house that was built in 1949 (it was off Glendale Ave and 14th St) and while something was always needing fixing or repairing, that house was a charmer, just like yours. I had to move from my beloved home after my boyfriend took his own life in my bedroom and I‘m now living in North Phx in a house that has never felt like home. That’s why I’m house hunting. I’m trying to make my way back home. And your house feels like home. 
But, when I got the report back of so many things that needed correction, I felt overwhelmed. There is so much to be repaired in addition to some updating that I’d like to do inside the house. If you can’t come down the amount I’m requesting, I understand. I just felt led to write this letter to let you know that it’ll be a heartbreak to walk away. I’ve affectionately called the house “Beanie Hat” because the Mansard roof makes the house look as if it’s wearing a hat. I even made it a point to go out there one day, wearing a beanie hat, just to take some pictures in front of it. But, whatever happens, I just want to thank you for allowing me to look at your home so many times and for the hope that I felt during this process. I promise that if Beanie Hat becomes my home it’ll forever be in good hands. And, if that’s not meant to be, then my wish is for the future resident to experience much love, happiness and peace in your home. 
Sincerely, 
Lisa 

So in the meantime….

All we can do is wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment